Relationship safety lesson plans
Three lesson plans, co-created by the PSHE Association and the Alice Ruggles Trust, to promote awareness of unhealthy relationship behaviours and stalking.
The lesson plans are for Key Stage 4 and 5, and cover three specific areas:
- identifying unhealthy relationships
- managing unwanted attention
- reducing inappropriate behaviours
The lessons focus on the steps that young people can take in relationships, to support their own and others' safety and emotional wellbeing.
They also take a look at stalking and harassment, and reinforce that they are unacceptable, illegal behaviours.
The lesson plans focus exclusively on romantic relationships, but are not just limited to heterosexual relationships.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- use with young people aged 16 and up
- use with whole classes or groups of students
England - RSHE
Respectful relationships, including friendships
By the end of secondary school pupils should know:
· what constitutes sexual harassment and sexual violence and why these are always unacceptable
· that some types of behaviour within relationships are criminal, including violent behaviour and coercive control